Statement of Faith
Faith is founded on beliefs that motivate and sustain action. It is by faith that Calling Ministries is engaged in the lives of individuals and it is by faith that the work of Calling is sustained. Our faith stands upon our core religious beliefs, which include the following:
- The sovereignty of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in creation, revelation, redemption and judgment: Genesis 1:1; Ecclesiastes 12:14; John 1:3; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:2.
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and His sinless humanity: Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 John 3:5.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in convicting the world of sin, of righteousness and of the judgment: John 16:8.
- The sanctity and dignity of human life to its natural end: Genesis 1: 26-27; Genesis 9:6; Psalm 8: 3-6; Psalm 139: 13-16.
- The inspiration of God in Holy Scripture, the Bible, being entirely trustworthy and being of supreme authority in all matters of faith and life: 2 Timothy 3:16.
- The sinful nature of humankind which has incurred God’s righteous condemnation on everyone, exposing every sinful soul to eternal damnation: John 3:18; Romans 3:9-19; Romans 3:23.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God, Jesus Christ, as the sole basis of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin: 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18.
- The forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal salvation to those who through faith believe in Christ crucified and risen from the dead: John 3:16, 36; Romans 10:9; 1 John 1:9; 1 John 2:2.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in the believer: John 3:5-8; John 16:13-14; Ephesians 1:17-18.
- The unity in the Spirit of all true believers, who together form the one universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head: Ephesians 3:6; 4:3-6.
- The future visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to this earth: Acts 1:11.
We are called to love God and love our neighbours as ourselves. It is by faith that Calling Ministries is spurred on toward love and good deeds and seeks to be engaged in the good work that God has prepared in advance for us to do.